Saturday, August 15, 2009

Who Is C. Love

The theme of the week has been “blog”. Not one day has gone by without someone asking about my blog, when I was going to blog, giving me names for a blog or dragging me to see a movie about a blog.

OK!!!!

You win!

I’m posting a freakin’ blog already.

What’s been the hold up?? What do I have to say worth reading? The things I have worth reading, do I really want to say them and see them in black in white; let alone allow others to see what I don’t want to see. I guess I’ve considered it and related it to standing in front of a mirror naked…do I reallllllly want to see that LOL!! I know I don’t want anyone else to, that’s why I wear clothes.

Since I don’t really know what these people harassing me about blogging want me to talk about, figured I’d at least explain where the name came from. Some think the C is for my first name and my last name is actually Love, others think it’s vanity and still others think it’s about my idealism. C. Love summarizes my philosophy on life.

God is love. God created man out of a desire to have a love relationship and someone to fellowship with. When God created man, He created man in His own image and we are a reflection of Him, which is Love. This means each of us desire to give and receive Love seeing that’s the way God designed us. I believe everything we do in life is to do just that; give or receive love. Even going to work, what is the purpose? To earn a living. What do we do with this living we earn? Meet our physiological needs such as food, shelter and clothing. Why do we continue to go to work just to meet basic needs and stay alive? The purpose is much higher because if all I’m going to work for is to stay alive, you can keep the manual labor! We want to stay alive for a higher purpose. I believe Maslow had it right with his theory on the hierarchy of needs. He had food and basic needs at the bottom, then safety and other survival needs peaking with self-actualization. We meet the basic, bottom needs to reach those at the top; fulfillment, relationship, love. We go to work to pay bills and buy food that will in turn buy us time to give and receive love.

I think C. Love captures the way I prioritize my life, what I find important; what I desire to receive and find fulfillment giving. At times, I see what’s going on inside others without them sharing. Hearing an account of hurt, I often feel the emotion as if it were me without the experience. This is why I cry listening to OnStar commercials, at most movies or simply thinking about the hurts of others I may not even know. It’s why I am quick to burry my hatchet to comfort the pains of those wielding it. I’m usually quick to forgive (not forget) because as much as I want to retaliate or hold a grudge, I often find myself empathizing with the wrong doer as I see the damage, hurt and pain that prompted or allowed them deliver injustice. I don’t hand out passes to free C. Love pimp slapping sessions but sometimes I also don’t host on hatred exhibits out of my realizing where their hatred stems from.

Don’t get it twisted, as compassionate a person as I am, I can be curt, cruel and calculating when pushed. Mess with a bear’s cub and see what she does.

Love is a verb; love does. The Word says love is patient and kind. Love believes the best of others while it covers the multitude of sins. Since we live under grace and are no longer bound by the law, the only thing God has called us to do is love Him and love our neighbor as ourselves. With this said, no matter what’s going on in this life, what’s happening to me, or where I am in the process of finding my own self-actualization, when you see me, you should…

…C. Love

1 comment:

  1. Nice read Love. Great entrance into the world of BLOG. Luv ya eXperyence

    ReplyDelete