“There’s nothing better than love, what in the world could you ever be thinking of? It’s better by far. So let yourself reach for that star and go no matter how far to the one you love.” ~ Luther Vandross
Ok, maybe I need to buy a lottery ticket because the rare and impossible keeps happening. Just when I was starting to doubt, question my own core beliefs and think maybe it is fantasy and not reality…reality showed up.
I have always been a die hard romantic. I believe in the happily ever after and that there is a happily ever after for everyone. I believe love is the driving force of this world and there is nothing that can’t be overcome with love. I always thought you can be compatible or attracted to a number of people but there are better fits than others. I’d see couples that have been together for over 50 years still smiling, holding hands and being affectionate and believe it’s possible for all!!
Watching movies and listening to music, some may say it’s all that hooplah is a tool to make money; a way to play on emotions but it doesn’t really exist. Many put that forever, dreamy, sappy, can’t-live-without-you kind of love in the same class as unicorns: a myth. Then I would ask, if it’s just a movie or a song, where did the thought, idea or passion come from to write it? Someone had to feel that to write it. If they didn’t feel it, they thought it. People say just because someone writes or pines for something doesn’t mean it exists. I beg to differ. Even those who want to be millionaires but don’t have $5 in their pocket, becoming a millionaire is a possible feat. It may come the hard way or in some auspicious windfall but it is possible to become a millionaire.
How would anyone have a desire, yearning, craving or sincere want for anything if there wasn’t even the smallest possibility it could be attained? What would be the point. Even the smallest want is birthed from desire and desire birthed of possibility.
Over the past year, I’ve been discouraged as I observe the marriages and relationships of many I looked up to deteriorate. People I never thought would “fall out of love” have, those I thought would be together forever aren’t and many I believed to be inseparable have separated. I began to wonder if what I believe was in fact a fable; it’s not like I’m walking in my happily ever after. Everywhere I turned, I was disappointed with the state of “affairs”, every pun possible intended on that.
…and then the impossible happened! A dear, sweet friend of mine breathed life back into my sails of love. She’d long ago given up on love and happy endings. I don’t think she thought there was anyone out there that could make her happy and she was content to be by herself. For some reason, seeing her give up on love forever disturbed me. It’s not like it was me or her love life would affect me, but I saw her heart, her inner beauty and could not comprehend that there wasn’t someone out there that could see her worth and cherish her. We discussed and debated the issue for the better part of a year. I remember telling her I couldn’t wait for the day she took her words back. What I didn’t tell her is I decided to pray for her. I wanted God not just to heal her heart, but to send her the right person; the one God designed for her to be an outward expression of His love for her.
Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle if she didn’t fall into love’s abyss with arms wide open. Hearing her talk of the wonders of being in love in ways she never knew possible gave me rejuvenated hope. Listening to her speak about this person that is more wonderful than she ever thought any man could be, that she didn’t think a man like this existed put the jumper cables on my faith. Seeing the sincere change in her, how happy she is and excited about sharing her future with someone moved me to tears.
I’ve been on Farmville for a minute now. To me, the above is an example of when you plant seeds. You water them daily and keep looking for signs of life. After a while the excitement wanes and you may even forget about the seed you planted, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there, growing and multiplying. Everything you speak into the earth or decree in your life or the life of someone else, you’re farming. God has you plant today what you will need tomorrow. Often times when you are sowing into others, you have no idea when you will see a return. When you least expect it, not only do you get a return on your investment, but it’s larger than you could have ever imagined. A bumper crop if you will, yielding far above what you expected and harvested when you needed it most.

Dear C. Love, there is "a one in a million" for everyone; sometimes it takes more that one 'search' to find that someone.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, we are to look to others for examples and/or guides, we must remember that everyone is has some type of flaw in their personality mixed with the the very wonderful qualities that makes everyone 'unique.' Sadly, sometimes it is the flaws 'clash of the titians' that win over the qualities that bind hearts together.
Every thing you and/or I say, or do is always a choice.
It is easy to give up ~ it is harder to dust oneself, take a deep breath, believe that one's heart will mend, let go of hurts and believe that True Love, Never Fails!
LHuggins